Tuesday, July 26, 2011




So, we've tried the store bought Gluten-Free, Egg -Free bread and well, it was awful. That loaf went out to the chickens. I've made 4 or 5 different bread recipes that would be safe for my son to eat. Each one seems to get a bit better, the one we liked the most was great out of the oven, but dried out so quickly that all he would do was lick the PB & J off the bread and say he was full.

So this is my most recent attempt. I used a bit of chemistry and the jist of a recipe that was "Ok" and made up my own recipe. I used rice flour, Teff Flour and Amaranth Flour. The result was a lovely loaf. It looked like a loaf of bread (not some 1 1/2" high bubbly mass) It had a soft bread-like texture. But, most importantly the bread was eaten with the PB & J. So far, so good, we'll see how the bread is in the next few days, I'm crossing my fingers that it will stay "soft and bread-like."




No comments:

Post a Comment